Friday, April 22, 2011

Week 3

Original

Redlined

Just a few small issues with this one. And then I think it will look really nice. I found her arm looked a bit stiff. I'd curve it a bit towards her hand. And speaking of which, I think her hand could be a bit smaller. I think the pose of the hand needed some work too. A useful tip is to make use of your own hand as reference. It's rather handy and convenient whenever you're drawing hands. Make sure to have a mirror though; you need to get the hand from the right angle and in the right pose. The way it was drawn, the body was posed as if her right shoulder would be dislocated. If you angle her body slightly, then her shoulder would be in just the right position. As for the flowing objects like the hair and the skirt, hair can sometimes be drawn in clumps, but when it's flayed out like being blown in the wind, you tend to see a few stray strands. Irregular clumps is probably a good way of describing hair. It's a combination of larger clumps of hair and some stray strands. I found the skirt was unnaturally angled out. It's actually much shorter than it appears, unless the artist wanted to make the skirt longer, in which case it should be covering more of her legs. I found her ears were not really easy to see, and were too high. And her belly button should also be closer to the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment