Friday, April 29, 2011

Week 4

Original



Redlined



Just a few things I'd like to point out. The problems are mostly in the shading, as there seems to be a complete lack of harsh shadows. I know the soft shadows are intended to bring out the smoothness of her face and all, but hard shadows are for contrast, and they do exist, particularly around places like the edges and under the nose. You can use hard shadows sparingly, and it won't affect the smoothness of her face. I made a few suggestions for that in the redline. As for the anatomy, I think some of it is skewed. In particular, it seems her right eye is positioned too far to the right side, and the nose is positioned too low (and it's probably a little too long anyways). I drew in her skull because I found her head too big. The hair should just fit over top of it, and not take up too much space, or else it will give off the illusion that her head is bigger than it should be. Just don't do it unless you want afro hair. Her body was also lopsided. This was probably affected by the skew perspective, but I couldn't quite figure out what was going on there, particularly with regards to her left arm, so I made a suggestion. Now I know it's probably intended to be covered with shadows, but even with shadows, they should suggest the shape or form of the object that's being covered by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment